5 Best ways for Home Sanitation
5 best ways for home sanitation
Cleaning and sanitizing home can help lower the chances you or a loved one will contract and transmit Covid-19. Here are some practices for keeping your home clean and virus-free.
Studies suggest that the novel coronavirus can live on different surfaces for a certain amount of time. Every time people or things come in and out of home, there is some possibility of exposure. So cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces is a step we should all take, even if we aren't leaving the house.
High-Touch Surfaces to Clean and Disinfect Daily:
- Table and Chair surfaces
- Kitchen platforms
- Bathroom counters, Taps, Toilets (seat and handle)
- Light switches
- TV and Game remote controls
- Gadgets like computer, tablets, phones
Washing your clothing with regular laundry soap and drying it at a slightly higher temperature than you usual would suffice to disinfect your clothes.
Following standard food safety guidelines and washing your hands afterward would be helpful.
Packages and Devices (Phones, PCs):
Disinfecting wipes or using isopropyl alcohol (70 percent) solution with a soft towel would be the best way to clean packages and gadgets being one of the high touch surfaces.
Cleaning to be followed by Disinfecting:
- Clean the surfaces to remove any contaminants, dust, or debris. You can do this by wiping them with soap water or a cleaning spray and a hand towel.
- Then apply a surface-appropriate disinfectant. The quickest and easiest way to do this is with disinfecting wipes or disinfectant spray.
Adding these to your daily routine can help lower the risk of infection for you and anyone else in your household. If disinfectants are not available, a thorough cleansing with the soap or cleaning agent would also do.